The Best Of Andalucía
A Sample Custom Itinerary
Featuring the magical cities of Seville, Córdoba and Granada, (including side trips to Grazalema and Ronda), travelers will have the opportunity to experience firsthand the unique flavors, rich traditions and lovely people of this famed southern region of Spain. Through guided and independent explorations with local experts, learn about Spain’s colored history and modern day society, through its art, architecture, gastronomy, culture, and natural environment.
“The scent of orange blossom, the thrash of a flamenco guitar, the glimpse of a white village perched spectacularly atop a crag: memories of Andalusia stay with you like collected souvenirs.” – Brendan Sainsbury
Arrival in Seville
Morning arrivals in Seville, transfer to hotel Walking tour and free time for lunch Evening welcome reception on hotel terrace Dinner at local restaurant.
- Morning tour of the Triana Market and St. George’s Castle/Inquisition Museum
- Optional cooking class and lunch at Triana Market
- Afternoon guided exploration of Seville’s Cathedral, Royal Palace and Jewish Quarter (Barrio Santa Cruz)
- Evening guided tapas & wine tasting tour
Day Trip to Córdoba
- Day trip to Córdoba included guided exploration of Great Mosque-Cathedral and Jewish Quarter/Synagogue
- Lunch at local restaurant in Córdoba
- Afternoon return to Seville
- Free time for dinner
Seville – Grazalema
Breakfast and depart for Grazalema Walking tour and lunch at local restaurant Afternoon free hiking and dinner.
Day Trip to Ronda or Vejer
Morning departure for day trip to Ronda or Vejer
- Vejer: One of the most picturesque white towns in the south of Spain, in Andalusia and historical province of Cadiz. It is situated on the top of a hill, being a natural viewpoint for spectacular views of the coastline, fertile valleys, mountains and the continent of Africa. With a very well kept Jewish quarter, pretty Moorish alleyways, and romantic patios, Vejer is internationally known for its top quality gastronomic offer.
- Ronda: Dubbed as one of the most beautiful villages in southern Spain, Ronda is the home to the oldest bullring in Spain and served as stomping grounds for Ernest Hemingway. A narrow gorge splits the village in two and the outlying landscape makes for an enchanting and impressive view. We suggest visiting the bullring, Mondragón Palace, Casa Don Bosco and the Arab baths.
- Lunch at local restaurant during excursion Free time for dinner.
Grazalema – Granada
- Depart for Granada
- Walking tour and lunch at local restaurant
- Afternoon guided visit to Royal Chapel and Cathedral, walk through Alcaicería Evening/sunset walk through Albayzín quarter for views of the Alhambra from Mirador
- Morning private guided visit with a local historian of the Alhambra Palace and Generalife Gardens
- Free time for lunch and afternoon free for shopping
Granada – Alpujarras
- Morning departure for day trip to Las Alpujarras region in the Sierra Nevada mountains, including stops in Pampaneira and Capileira
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Afternoon return to Granada for dinner
- In-country transportation where requested/needed
- Lodging in selected accommodations (usually 4-5* boutique hotels) taxes and gratuities (breakfast if requested)
- Guided tours with official local guides including entrance fees where requested
- Welcome drink and reception/orientation
- Personalized assistance and coordination from bilingual/bicultural on-site travel consultant including professional pre-and post-program coordination
- Personal recommendations and arrangements for special meals and activities