Creative Cultural Experiences
Featuring the city of Seville, the #1 destination on Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel list, our Living Flamenco program combines authentic, cultural travel to off-the-beaten path spots in Andalusia with a flamenco music and dance learning component.
Learn about Spain’s colored history and modern day society, through your first person contact with its art, architecture, gastronomy, culture, people, music, dance and natural environment. This unique travel program that will allow you to experience authentic Spain alongside locals and learn how to incorporate the rhythms of flamenco in to your every day life.
(Individual Flights from U.S. to Spain)
Departure on overnight flight from U.S. (quotes available separately) to Seville’s San Pablo airport
Arrival in Seville
Morning arrival in Seville, transfer from airport for check-in at centrally-located 4* hotel Light lunch at hotel upon arrival Rest at hotel after lunch Evening visit to Seville’s beautiful city center including the Metropol/Parasol/Antiquarium for gorgeous sunset views, followed by welcome dinner at a local, emblematic restaurant featuring classic Andalusian cuisine Meet your flamenco guide, a local expert who will begin to introduce you to the rhythms of flamenco over dinner.
- Breakfast buffet at hotel Morning private monumental tour with a local historian including entrances to the Cathedral, Alcázar palace and gardens, and a walking tour of the Santa Cruz district.
- After your intimate discovery of Seville, participate in an educational and fun tapas tour for lunch, followed by free time to continue to explore Seville on your own In the evening, you will experience your first evocative flamenco and music show followed by dinner at a local restaurant.
Flamenco Workshop I & Olive Oil Tasting
- Breakfast buffet at hotel Morning flamenco workshop including costume and accessory orientation (learn how to work that skirt and that fan! Practice tapping your feet in your very own heeled shoes).
- Tapas lunch in Triana with local flamenco artists Free afternoon Evening private olive oil tasting with a local expert including dinner at a local restaurant.
Flamenco Work Shop II & Paella Cook-Off
- Breakfast buffet at hotel Morning flamenco workshop with local musicians
- Lunch at local restaurant Afternoon return to Seville for paella cook-off team-building event at local food market
- Evening free for dinner on own (a list of recommendations will be provided)
Flamenco Museo & Master Class
- Breakfast buffet at hotel Morning flamenco workshop at Seville’s famed flamenco museum including a master class with the Arts Director Lunch at a local restaurant
- Free afternoon in Seville Farewell group dinner at local restaurant in Seville followed by an evening flamenco show at the Museum
Day Trip to Córdoba
- Breakfast buffet at hotel Morning departure in private coach for day trip to Córdoba Mid-morning arrival in Córdoba for private visit of the Great Mosque-
- Cathedral and Jewish Quarter/Synagogue.
- Learn about the “convivencia” of many different cultures throughout history in this great city.
- Lunch at a local “flamenco gastrobar” in Córdoba featuring typical Cordobean dishes and flamenco entertainment
- Evening return to Seville Farewell Flamenco “Juerga” party at a local bar including dinner
- Transportation as detailed in itinerary in a comfortable and private coach bus with driver and room for luggage.
- Lodging at 4* hotel in Seville for 7 nights in single or double rooms including breakfast buffet and taxes.
- Privately-guided visits in Seville and Córdoba as detailed in itinerary with expert instructors and including skip-the-line entrance fees.
- All meals and group activities as detailed in itinerary, including flamenco music & dance instruction.
- Personalized assistance and coordination from bilingual/bicultural on-site travel consultant including professional pre-and post-program coordination, personal recommendations and arrangements for special meals and activities throughout the program.
- Recommended meals and activities not requested as services
- Personal incidental expenses
- Travel/medical/cancellation insurance (can be included at extra cost)
Thanks so much to Sarah at Spain Savvy for a wonderful itinerary, well-calibrated to our interests, choice hotel locations, as well as fabulous food and tour recommendations.
I can’t say enough about Spain Savvy and Sarah Gemba! She has been working with our family on our first trip to Spain and we are marveled at her diligence, attention to detail, creativity, organization of the trip! I am just amazed and cannot wait to take this trip on May 21st!!!!!